Pages

3 March 2013

After a week off, my final 12 week project has now begun, which will take me up to the end of the year. It's crazy how quickly this year has gone!

For this project, I knew I wanted to carry on with my figurative work, as I had a flare for it in the previous project, and thought the results were quite successfull.

For this project:
- I struggled to decide on a starting point - family/ friends/ general public.
- Wanted to show interaction between the busts-  e.g. 2 or more people haveing a conversation.
- Wanted to explore the building of the busts - using techniques such as mixing different colours of the same clay together for certain sections of the face and introducing wood.

I thought that wanting to explore the building of the busts aswell as having a theme of interaction would be too larger of a task for this project, and maybe be better saved for my final year.

This decided, I hit the streets of Nottingham on a search for characterful faces to work from -here are the best ones. I focused my search to the older generation as they have had more life experiences and felt their faces have more of a story to tell?

For each person I photographed, I captured them from the front and both sides.



*

*

*



*



The starred photos are the ones which I am going to start working from first.